Like many of my colleagues attending HR2014 (produced by the @SAPInsider team), I am getting ready for HR2014 in Orlando March 11-14, 2014. I will be delivering 4 sessions this year:
- A guided tour of compensation management functionality: On-premise vs. cloud – this will one will NOT be a features and functions compare, but rather an interactive and informative discussion around why and when you would implement on premise versus cloud compensation.
- Principles of successful employee and manager self-service initiatives: Lessons for new and existing implementations – as the title suggests, I will be reviewing several principles based on my previous experiences deploying self service solutions that have proved to be invaluable to customers.
- Guidelines and best practices for deploying ESS and MSS on mobile devices – this one is a revision of my HR2013 title, but includes fresh content especially around SAP Fiori and SuccessFactors mobility offerings.
- Interactive discussion forum: Real-world lessons to deploy and optimize ESS and MSS applications – this is not a presentation, but a customer forum where I will facilitate a discussion around deploying ESS and MSS solutions within an SAP and SuccessFactors (and other 3rd parties). It is great because it is more of a knowledge transfer session among customers which always proves to be more engaging for the participants.
I recently did a podcast with Kristine Erickson (twitter handle: @SAPinsiderKE) from @SAPInsider to sum up my SuccessFactors Talent Management Fall 2013 Seminar as well as look at the year ahead including the conference: What’s next for SAP ERP HCM Jeremy Masters shares his advice on SAP HR on-premise & cloud and the trends to watch at HR 2014. We chatted on the overall SAP HCM roadmap, SuccessFactors integration, HR Renewal 2.0, SAP Fiori, and Employee Central among other topic areas.
I will also be doing an Ask-The-Experts session with several other industry colleagues during one of the evenings. This is an underutilized part of the event where you can grab a beverage and sit with someone in a relaxed atmosphere to discuss anything you want. For this year, the SAPInsider team was able to compile a great group of folks including:
- Martin Gillet, Cogilius bvba
- Prashanth Padmanabhan, SAP
- Josh Bersin, Bersin by Deloitte
- Christa Degnan Manning, Horses for Sources
- Jennifer Adams, AspireHR
- Bill Kutik, Independent
- Danielle Larocca, SpinifexIT
- Kellie Fitzpatrick, Symphony Management Consulting
- Lisa Rowan, IDC
- Mark Brandau, SuccessFactors, an SAP company
- Margit Bauer, SAP AG
- Yannick Peterschmitt, SAP AG
- Jeremy Masters, Worklogix
- Sylvia Chaudoir, Deloitte
- Brandon Toombs, Toombs Consulting
- Brigid Sternberg, SpinifexIT
- Jarret Pazahanick, EIC Experts
- Mike Timm, ICG
- Venki Krishnamoorthy, Deloitte
- Steven Hunt, SuccessFactors, an SAP company
- Luke Marson, HRIZONS
- Peter Howes, SuccessFactors, an SAP company
- Joachim Foerderer, SAP AG
- Steve Bogner, Insight Consulting Partners
There will be a great group of speakers this year with fresh content. You can see who is speaking here. Too many sessions to mention that sound great, so I won’t even attempt to list…
Some of the hot topics from this year will surely include (in no particular order):
- HANA roadmap for HCM, specifically anything in addition to the payroll work that has been done so far…
- SAP Fiori and the roadmap for HR apps. Wave 2 brought no HCM apps, will we see what Wave 3 will bring for HR?
- SuccessFactors Talent Management enhancements (such as the new “Presentations” functionality which was just released 1402). By the way, if you haven’t already done so, please join the new LinkedIn group dedicated on SuccessFactors Talent Management.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central updates. I am looking forward to hearing the 12 month roadmap especially around Time management.
- Updates related to the Customer Connection program in areas such as on premise Compensation, Learning (SAP LSO), and E-Recruiting.
- Further integration of SAP Jam into everything SAP HCM and SuccessFactors.
- HR Renewal 2.0 and the roadmap ahead for SAP Core HR innovations.
Hope to see you there. If you are not able to make one of my sessions, please drop by booth #315 in the Exhibit Hall and say hi to me or one of my Worklogix colleagues during one of the breaks.
See you all soon!
Jeremy (twitter handle: @jeremymasters)
(Twitter hashtag for the event is #HR2014)